Stuck in the 80's

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am an eighties child through and through. I rocked out listening to Cinderella, Nelson Twins, Skid Row, Warrent, Poision. Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, GnR....and so many others

I am writing tonight because I'm having a walk down memory lane tonight on you tube. I remember those warm summers listening to these songs as we (my husband and I) were so in love and so young and beautiful.

His long hair blowing in the wind as we held hands and walked the stroll and danced under the stars.

I am truly blessed though. I met my husband when I was 16 and have been with him since. We grew up together. Its been nearly 18 years and still to this day he has not stopped loving me. He says "I still can't keep my hands off of you"

People ask how we do it, since our relationship has outlasted many marriages, and with the divorce rate so high. I guess we are of one mind. We both make a concious decision each day to be loyal to each other. We choose to be with each other. I don't feel like "I have" to be with him. I want to be with him still.

I think thats the difference. Relationships are concious decisions to be with each other day after day.

I want to be that old married couple in their eighties that cannot live without one another literally.

0 comments:

 
Mommy Monologue - by Templates para novo blogger